Sorry for the pun, couldn’t help it! This past Christmas I decided to test my creativity and make as many presents as possible! I wanted to post these earlier, but well, didn’t want to ruin any surprises!
Here are the ones I remembered to take pictures of. My New Years resolution is to take more pictures of my projects. I had a crafty year last year, but slacked in the picture department…
1. Scarves for girlfriends: These were fun to make thanks to my nifty Brother sewing machine. I purchased the scarves at the store and purchased the monogram font on etsy. They loved them!
2. Stadium blanket: great gift for any sports fan! I bought the blanket at Target and the logo on etsy.
3. Casserole Carrier: My sister is in her new house and I wanted to make something useful for her. Mom had found this pattern so she and I each made one. Hers made a great Bunco prize and mine was a great gift. I splurged and bought he premium fabrics at JoAnn Fabrics and I think it made a difference. I added her initial on the sash to make it more personal.
I sent her a new covered casserole dish, but Amazon prime took care of shipping that separately!
4. Crochet scarf: My other sister lives in NYC and has limited space for “stuff” so again, I wanted to make something useful. I found a simple Pinterest idea and made it my own. Had to use the black and gold for our Saints!
5. Personalized ornaments: again, gifts for the girlfriends! Bought Hobby Lobby ornaments and vinyl and put the cricut to work!
6. Crochet blanket for Grandma: This was a relatively quick project. Figured out the colors I wanted (I matched the quilt I made her last year) and made a bunch of solid squares. Stitched them together and voila! (Whoops, forgot to take a picture of this one…)